Interviewed: Architect Rees Jones
What they're saying ...
The Corica Park South Course is undergoing a transformation from a fairly nondescript layout to a modern links design that's going to make Alameda the best golf zip code in the East Bay.
New South Course
Open to Public Beginning June 22
Tee times for opening available online starting June 1
The Bay Area’s Only Australian Sand Belt Style Rees Jones Design is unlike any other in the Bay Area. World renowned golf architect Rees Jones describes the new design as "minimalist" and more like you would find in the Sandbelt region of Australia -- the most famous course in the region being Royal Melbourne -- where you can play the ball to the hole by air or ground.
South Course Features
- Professional Tour style course conditioning for great lies
- Climate sustainable grass with natural water wild life habitats
- Wide expansive fairways to help your drives find the short grass
- Fun risk and reward options for imaginative shot making
- Distinct Australian design feel (without traveling down under)
- 5 sets of tees to provide many different playing angles
Chuck Corica Park | 1 Clubhouse Memorial Rd. | Alameda, CA 94502 | 510.747.7800