Since 1927, Alameda has had a jewel to call its own.
Since the “Golden Age of Golf” in the U.S. great rounds have been played in Alameda. Known by various names throughout its past, including the Alameda Municipal Golf Course. In 1992 the 45-hole facility was renamed Chuck Corica Golf Complex, to honor the former Mayor.
In 2017, the name was abbreviated to Corica Park.
A BRIEF HISTORY
In 1927, William Park Bell designed the original 18-hole golf course, now known as the Earl Fry North Course. In 1967 the course was partially redesigned by Desmond Muirhead. With tree-lined fairways and water in play on 13 holes, this parkland course has attracted golfers since the first day of golf in Alameda. The North Course is currently undergoing a new renovation on the first 9-holes, which is expected to be completed in 2019. 9-holes will remind open for play as unlimited golf at a great rate. This will be followed by the second 9-holes remodel in 2019 with an expected opening 2020.
The Jack Clark South Course was originally designed by William Francis Bell in 1957 and was partially redesigned by Robert Muir Graves in 1977. The South Course has recently undergone a ground-up renovation under the guidance of architect Rees Jones with Greenway Golf agronomist Marc Logan and team handling construction. Alameda currently has the only Rees Jones-designed golf course in the East Bay Area.
Corica Park proudly plays host to many important golf tournaments and leagues, including the historical Alameda Commuters Golf Tournament and the East Bay Junior Golf Tournament. Since the course was established, Alameda has produced top notch amateur and professional players. Many of those players learned the game from Lucius Bateman, for whom the Practice Center is named. The video below provides some insight into this NCPGA Hall of Fame professional.
Make your own history at the new Corica Park. Come out for fun, quality golf and good value. Book an outing with your employees or friends. Take a lesson. Hit a bucket of balls. Enjoy the outdoors!